The duplex nail is a type of two-headed nail that gets its name from unique shape of the head. The top head of the duplex nail is a little smaller than the base head.
Duplex nails, also known as temporary nails, were invented in 1916 by William Arthur Collings. After nearly a hundred years of development and application, duplex nails are becoming more and more popular.
- Be reusable.
- As strong as common nails
- Designed for temporary structures.
- Double head for easy dismantlement.
- Great holding power and resistance to bending.
- Complete gauges, lengths, and sizes are available.
Duplex nails are made for temporary structures, and the purpose of the duplex design is to facilitate disassembly. When in use, the nail is hammered only to the first head, leaving a gap with the second head. When you are ready to remove, the exposed and visible second head can be easily removed by the tool.
Therefore, duplex nails are widely favored for temporary construction projects, such as scaffolding, connecting timber, etc.
As a professional fastener manufacturer, we are able to meet various needs of our customers. A variety of specifications and sizes for your choice, and we also provide OEM services
- Material: Carbon steel.
- Material model: Q195, Q235.
- Diameter: 9–16 gauge.
- Length: 3/4″ –2″.
- Head type: U shape.
- Shank diameter: 1.0 to 6.5 mm.
- Surface treatment: Bright, electro galvanized, polished, copper-plated.
- Standard: ASTM F1667, ASTM A153.
- Package: 11 lbs per box, 2 lbs per box or bag, 1 lb per bag, 55 lbs per carton, and as your request.
- Certification: CE
Tianjin Lituo Hardware has 20 years of fastener production and sales experience.
If you have any nails requirements, please contact us, we will serve you wholeheartedly.